fishing forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fishing forever

Why should you join the forum? 1.We host online tournaments 2. we have a livechat 3. we have many forums and topics plus friendly members to share tips with!

You are not connected. Please login or register

smoked fish!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1smoked fish! Empty smoked fish! Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:56 pm

willfred8706

willfred8706

On Tuesday, I caught 14 catfish and filleted out 9 of them and 5 of them I kept for my smoker. What I do to get them ready for the smoker is cut the heads off and gut them. Then, cut all of the fins off. Make sure to leave the skin on, because otherwise the smoker will make the meat so tender that it will crumble apart if the skin isn't there to hold it together. When I am about ready to smoke the fish, I will take a gallon of water and mix in 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar and then let the catfish soak in that solution for about 12 hours. At the same time I am soaking the catfish, I will get some Hickory flavored smoking chips and soak them in water, also. Once the 12 hours is up, I will cut the catfish into 6-8 pieces down the backbone and lay them on the grates of my smoker, and put this hickory chips in the bottom of the smoker (I have a charcoal smoker) and wait 4-6 hours. Pull out the catfish and enjoy!!!!!! cheers

(Instead of mixing the sugar and water and soaking the catfish in it, you can simply roll the catfish in whatever type of seasoning you would like, instead. I have done this before with Lemon Pepper seasoning, Lawry's seasoning, Jim Beam spicy bourbon seassoning, and simply salt and pepper. Season to your taste!)

https://www.youtube.com/user/willfred8706

2smoked fish! Empty Re: smoked fish! Fri 13 Aug 2010, 12:41 am

Admin, topwaterpro1

Admin, topwaterpro1
Admin

sounds awsome!

https://fishingforever.forum-nation.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum