fishing forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fishing forever

Why should you join the forum? 1.We host online tournaments 2. we have a livechat 3. we have many forums and topics plus friendly members to share tips with!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why can't i catch any bass?

+3
Admin, topwaterpro1
BaSsInaToR
sharkbait
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Why can't i catch any bass? Sun 11 Jul 2010, 2:12 pm

sharkbait

I don't know why i can't catch any black bass I've tried senkos,spinnerbaits,crankbaits,buzzbaits,and horny toads, Still i can't catch anything I don't know if I'm fishing the lures wrong,but I have came close to catching two fish on a wacky rigged senko, but they just didn't commit to it. Maybe its the area? It seems like I'm just collecting lures hahaha BTW recently I was lucky enough to find a Lucky Craft crankbait on a tree while fishing and I'm at least happy that I found that. BTW i live in Modesto,Ca, so any tips or advice would be nice thanks.

2Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Sun 11 Jul 2010, 2:37 pm

BaSsInaToR

BaSsInaToR

u live in cali man ...

3Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 12:17 am

Admin, topwaterpro1

Admin, topwaterpro1
Admin

The black bass is the same thing as the largemouth i guess. One of your problems is what camoman said " you live in cali" which is one of the hardest places to get a bass to bite because all fishing pressure so the fish know alot. I dont live in cali but their are atleast 5 people who do on this forum and you could p.m

try 101fishguy, socalbassboy, survival96, xxcamomanxx,

https://fishingforever.forum-nation.com

4Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 12:46 am

sharkbait

But northern california is known to have one of the nicest place to catch largemouth bass, spotted bass etc. aka the delta, but most of the time I fish a river cove where I see bass all the time,but I just have no luck or skills?

5Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 12:51 am

Admin, topwaterpro1

Admin, topwaterpro1
Admin

They can still be verry difficult to catch. And i guarrentee its not you or your skills. Once you find a pattern you should be able to get some. Just keep trying and be patient. Very Happy

6Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 3:09 am

stocktonfisherman

stocktonfisherman

i fish the delta alot, and tear them up with rattletraps

7Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 3:11 am

Admin, topwaterpro1

Admin, topwaterpro1
Admin

rattle traps are awsome, they were in my top 10.

8Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 10:28 am

stocktonfisherman

stocktonfisherman

and the best part about rattle traps is if a bass bites and dosnt get hooked in the mouth, you usually snag it in the head or something lol

9Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

Admin, topwaterpro1

Admin, topwaterpro1
Admin

yup

10Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 12 Jul 2010, 11:36 pm

BaSsInaToR

BaSsInaToR

hey man i havent fished northern cali to much but i live in socal....but the fishing should be mostly the same, but ur water might be a little colder than ours....sooo i think u should just forget the hardbaits right now(spinnerbaits, cranks etc..) and just work on ur worming skills...which all cali bass fisherman should have... u should use local cali worms like roboworms, magicworms etc... rather than use an out of state product like zoom or strikeking... so work on just worming for a while... texasrig ..dropshot, splitshot...all that stuff...but just throw the same worm all day...so ur bait stays in the water and ur not changing up... it will help u learn....also look for some cover...cause thats what bass like..in the summer look for secondary points, big pockets, and drop offs....

if u have any more question just PM me
-kevin

11Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Tue 13 Jul 2010, 5:44 am

sharkbait

thanks for the tips guys I'll give a try and probably have more patience too lol

12Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 19 Jul 2010, 2:08 am

101fishguy

again i agree with xcamo's post on this 1000%
your guys' water temp. WILL prolly affect the bass's behavior
just try more finesse techniques perhaps
tie on a good drop shoot rig with a roboworm or berkley finesse worm n you'll be good Wink
works for meh!

p.m me if you need more help
-Manny aka
101fishguy

13Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 19 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

BaSsInaToR

BaSsInaToR

lol manny i knew u would agree ...with the bass and bluegilly king lol (me) Very Happy

14Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Mon 26 Jul 2010, 11:29 pm

fisherboy17

fisherboy17

you need to down sise man!

15Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Tue 27 Jul 2010, 6:19 am

BaSsInaToR

BaSsInaToR

down size nothing .... dont listen to that guy.... in summer you want a big worm worked really slow....catches they're attention more...and in fall and spring they want a faster moving little worm...cause fish can see a faster moving little worm ...they same as a slow moving big worm... but i work a little worm too slow...they cant see it as good...and if u work a big worm fast they cant see it as good either...its just they;re vision ..as they see underwater 5x better than humans can see and they;re vision is totally different from ours.

and dont throw plastics in the winter its a big waste of time.... throw a jig, a spoon , jerkbait, or swimbait in winter

but do what i said to u before...just grab a worm pick any rig u want and throw it all day untill u finally catch a fish ....so u spend more time in the water than changing baits.

16Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:01 am

SouthTexasFishingTeam

SouthTexasFishingTeam

does the area have any good vegitation or anything?

http://southtexasfishingteamcom.webstarts.com/index.html

17Why can't i catch any bass? Empty Re: Why can't i catch any bass? Fri 21 Jan 2011, 7:41 am

stocktonfisherman

stocktonfisherman

also if your bank fishing the delta 99 precent of the time youll be casting to the other side of the slough, because the fish will be hanging out in the shade

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum