fishing forever

Why should you join the forum? 1.We host online tournaments 2. we have a livechat 3. we have many forums and topics plus friendly members to share tips with!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be patient Will, just be patient

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Be patient Will, just be patient Empty Be patient Will, just be patient on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:00 am

So, I credit my grandpa for getting me hooked on catfishing and showing me that sometimes all you need is patience, because most people give up after a few hours. When I was 11 years old (1998), we had a pretty bad flood and Waverly got hit pretty hard. Water across all the streets and one of the parks where we commonly fish for catfish was completely flooded, including the parking lot of the park. Grandpa always said that when the river is coming up at a fast rate or going down at a fast rate, the cat are biting because food is washing down the river the most then. So, we decided to go try it out fishing at this park. I remember casting my line out and almost hitting one of the parking posts because the water was so high. We were not getting any bites; it was a slow night to say the least. After about 3 hours, I got up off of the pail I was sitting on and said "alright, I'm done. Grandpa, watch my pole," and I started walking away. Right as I started walking away, I heard my pole slide off of the pole holder, hit the concrete, and start sliding. I RAN over to my pole as fast as I could and by now my pole was in about 2 feet of water. I went right in after my pole and somehow managed to grab it. After fighting this fish for about 15 minutes, it was well worth the wait. 7.6 pound channel cat. I will never forget that day or exactly how much that fish weighed, because he almost STOLE MY ROD AND REEL!!!!!!
Patience pays off!!!!!!!

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/willfred8706

2Be patient Will, just be patient Empty Re: Be patient Will, just be patient on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Great story cheers ,i was fishin at a near by creek and had been just sitting there all morning just watching and waiting and then a big cat took my rod and almost flipped it over the bridge rail and into the water!,just shows you that being patient does pay off and also shows you that you need to be within about ten feet of your rod and reel at all times lol Smile

View user profile http://www.youtube/user/catchoftheday101.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum